What is S-Term?
S-Term is a 32-bit terminal emulator with MDI interface designed for Internet and intranet use with support for telnet, SSH1 and SSH2 protocols. SSH is a secure protocol that replaces existing TCP/IP protocols such as telnet and rlogin. In order to establish secure connections, SSH must be supported by both the client and the server. S-Term can be used for both secure and non-secure connections.
S-Term requires Windows 95/98, Windows Me, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 or Windows XP.
S-Term is highly customizable and easy to use. Remote sites can be easily accessed by simply entering a hostname and a port. In addition, S-Term use session to manager group of options and settings associated with or assigned to a connection to a remote machine. These settings and options are saved under a session name and allow the user to have different preferences for different hosts. S-Term introduces a
novel way, which to the best of our knowledge is the first
time, to customize the functions by the means of the System Control Script.
- Named sessions allow the user to have different preferences for different hosts
- Telnet protocol support, including to a specific port
- Full Screen mode
- Keyboard accelerator (CTRL+Tab) to easily cycle between S-Term windows
- Easy access to S-Term features through graphical toolbar
- Optional Float input window provides an editable type-ahead buffer
- UNICODE support for convenient using under different language environment
- User-configurable Scrollback buffer up to 1,000,000 lines
- User-defined foreground and background colors
- Column select feature
- VT line drawing
- Optional ANSI color and customizable ANSI colors
- Configurable number of rows and columns
- XTerm extensions for changing title bar
- VT100, VT220 and ANSI keyboard emulation
- A simple text editor integrated
- "Green Software", no installation is needed
- ZModem file transfer (upload and download)
- ZModem file transfer status indication and error log
- Resume interrupted ZModem uploads
- Transfer list dialog allows selection of multiple files for ZModem upload
- Support for both SSH1 and SSH2 protocols.
- Support connect via SOCKS proxy version 4 and version 5
- Support connect via HTTP Proxy which supports CONNECT method
- Active Script supported:
System control script enable customizing S-Term function
User script support
BBS Enhancement (More enhancement for
Chinese BBS system)
- Auto-Reply support
- BBS Menu recognition and mouse operation
- Configurable BBS menu bar color
- Copy with Ansi Color Escape sequence